Who Came to See a Live Show?

I wanted to put a quick post up here today and let everyone know that didn't make it out to both shows this past weekend, you missed something special! Friday's show, with Alco and Ben Keeler, went really well. Alco's performance was probably one of the best ones I had ever heard out of them. Everything sounded good and timing was down, congrats on that guys! The show was the first time seeing Ben Keeler with his band, so I wasn't too sure what to expect. They came and rocked the house! They have really good sounding, well written original songs, not to mention excellent taste in their covers. They did The Beatles "All The Lonely People" and Marvin Gay's "I Heard it Through The Grapevine", great selection. I was overall impressed with how both performed and left the show happy. Plus Justin and I caught a bite to eat from Tim Hortons afterward which was the cherry on top of an already great evening!

Now, the Respirations show last night, the final one after a 2 and a half year run, was hot! I got introduced to a lot of new artists that I wasn't aware of until last night. Logic's spoken word poems were definitely a site to see. I use to watch Def Poetry Jam on HBO all the time, so this was a treat to see. Jerrod came and did his thing, with two newer songs that will be on his upcoming mixtape, The Booth Chronicles 3 (plug plug). He shut the show down almost completely in my opinion when he brought up his version of Jay's "Jigga What". Props to him on that! Everyone else in between was hot and did dope in their performances but other than Jerrod, no one else came with it like Philthy and JYoung The General. Now this is slightly biased I know, but I don't really care! Both did the hell out of that stage with the closing performances! These two are the illest artists in the area, and know how to do a live show. Props to Rideout for his 4 bar freestyle back and fourth with Philthy as well. Definitely the best way to end the show, although I did think it would have been dope to have all the emcees that performed last night, come up on stage and all do a rendition of Lupe Fiasco's "Hip Hop Saved My Life". Support local artists and REAL HIP HOP!

Now to the song of the post, a throwback. In honor of last night:

Philthy's "How Can You See"

0 comments: