Throwback: Never Let Me Down

This is the ORIGINAL and BEST version of this song. Kanye feat. Jay Z and poet J.Ivy. Kanye featured a version of this song on his debut album "College Dropout", but this version was recorded prior. This has an added verse at the end by Jay, where the last line of the verse, Hov kills it. The song is posted at the bottom underneath my favorite lyrics from this version.

Favorite Kanye lyrics:

"I get down for my grandfather
who took my momma, made her sit that seat
where white folks ain't wanna us to eat.
At the tender age of 6 she was arrested for the sit in
With that in my blood I was born to be different"

"That's why I hear new music
And I just don't be feeling it
Racism still alive they just be concealing it
But I know they don't want me in the damn club
They even made me show I.D to get inside of Sam's club"

"And I know that u were smiling when u see that car I bought her
And u sent tears from heaven when u seen my car get balled up
But I can't complaint what the accident did to my Left Eye
Cuz look what a accident did to Left Eye
First Aaliyah and now romeo must die?
I know a got angels watching me from the other side"


I would post J.Ivy's poetic verse BUT... The whole damn thing is amazing.


Favorite Jay lyric:

"Let you tell that man I'm falling,
Well somebody must've caught him,
Cause every fourth quarter, I like to Mike Jordan 'em"

and Finally my favorite lyric of the whole song....

"The way y'all all follow Jigga,
Hov's a living legend and I tell you why,
Everybody wanna be Hov and Hov still alive."

WOW.