Incredible Artist: Ashley Schefman



Ashley Schefman is a 19 year old Junior at Michigan State, who's majoring in studio art with a graphic design concentration and a specialization in design. She allowed me to ask a few quick questions about artwork, which you can see below. AMAZING! A very down to earth and humble person when you get a chance to speak with her and did I mention, that her artwork was AMAZING? I think I did but it doesn't hurt to mention it again.

BP: Where do you get your inspiration from when it comes to art?
AS: I've been really influenced by graffiti and Roy Lichtenstein. (see Roy Lichtenstein work, HERE)

BP: What about his work inspires you the most?
AS: His use of color and line quality, and the way he turns something simple into an amazing piece just by blowing it up and using bright color.

BP:
What would you ultimately like to do with this talent and major after you graduate?
AS: I would like to do graphic novel illustration as well as own an airbrush shop!

BP: Oh wow how cool! When did you officially realize that doing something in art, was what you wanted to do the rest of your life?
AS: Thanks! (laughs) Um, you know I don't know. I just sort of made it my major this year and then started doing projects that I got really passionate about. It sort of snowballed from there!

BP: Is there anything else that you want people to know you, or more specifically, your art?
AS: Just that I paint and draw things that hopefully make people happy or laugh. I love what I do and hopefully, it'll keep getting better! I mean who doesn't laugh when they see a black and white portrait of hall and oats?! right?


Joey Mercury


Hall & Oats

Stevie Wonder

Andre 3000 of Outkast

Graffiti Inspired "Grindin"